School Starts September 6, 2011
The last week of Summer is here. After the Labour Day long weekend, it’s back to school!
The first day of school at Davisville / MTSD for the 2011-2012 school year is Tuesday September 6, 2011. If you’re wondering what to do on day one of school, our principal, Tricia Boyce, has provided the following notes:
For Kindergarten students only:
- Kindergarten students in the French Immersion program will meet their teachers on the West Kindergarten playground. This playground is at the front of the school, facing Millwood Road. The entry to the playground is to the right of the main school doors. (In other words, before you get to the main school doors if you’re coming from Yonge Street).
- Kindergarten students in the English program will meet their teachers on the East Kindergarten playground. This playground is also at the front of the school, facing Millwood Road. The entry to the playground is just left of the main school doors.
For students in Grades 1 through 8:
- Students in Grade 1 through 8 will meet on the playground
- Class lists will be posted on the back central doors (Exit 4). These doors connect to the playground.
- Students who are bussed to the school will be met at their bus by teachers and support staff and brought to their assigned waiting areas
- When the school bell rings, at 8:40 AM, students will be escorted to the gym for a brief “Welcome Back” assembly. At the assembly, students will be grouped into classes and taken to their classes by their homeroom teachers.