Back to School: September 4, 2012
It’s hard to believe that summer is almost over, with just one week left. The new school year begins next Tuesday, September 4, at 8:40 a.m. To help alleviate some first-day jitters (mostly for the parents), here is a description of what to expect on the first day:
For Students in Grades 1 to 8:
- Class lists will be posted on the back (Davisville-side), central doors (Exit 4) and the east doors (Exit 2) on Tuesday before school. Check the class list to find out which class your child will be in.
- Students will then gather on the playground to find their teachers. Teachers will have large signs with names and grade levels throughout the school yard. Staff will be available to provide assistance and directions.
- Bussed students will be met by teachers and support staff and will be brought to their assigned waiting areas.
- Students and parents will say their farewells on the playground before being escorted to their classrooms with their homeroom teachers.
For Kindergarten Students:
- English-track kindergarten students will meet their teachers on the east KG playground on Millwood Road.
- French immersion kindergarten students will meet their teachers on the west KG playground on Millwood Road.