Davisville Parent Council has many exciting fundraising initiatives planned for the year, including:
There are small ways that you can contribute to your school:
- Mable’s Labels are a fun, easy way to keep track of your children’s clothing and items (ie: lunch products). Purchase some labels using this link, and Mable’s Labels will donate a percentage of the order to our school.
- Magazine Sales: Although Davisville is not running a QSP campaign this year, magazines can still be purchased through QSP with a portion of the sales coming back to the school. Davisville will get about 35% of all orders. Please be sure to select our school to associate with your purchase. The website is www.qsp.ca.
- In the Adopt-a-School Program Indigo Books will give a book to Davisville for every eGift Card sold, or for each $12 donation made.
For those who would like to simply donate money directly for Davisville school items and programs, there are two ways you can make a charitable donation to the school through the Toronto District School Board (which is a registered charity):
- Online: Go online via Canada Helps to the Toronto District School Board Canada Helps page at https://www.canadahelps.org/DonationDetails.aspx. In the message/instructions box, indicate Davisville Junior Public School for program enhancements. You will receive a charitable tax receipt from Canada Helps.
- By cheque: Make a cheque payable to the Toronto District School Board and specify that you would like the money to go to Davisville P.S. Bring the cheque to the school office. The TDSB will issue a tax receipt for any donation of $25 or more.
WHAT WE ARE FUNDRAISING FOR THIS YEAR
- Classroom libraries
- Classroom supplies
- “SMART board” displays
- Field trips to high park, city hall, the science centre
- Transportation to farm trips, choir festivals, athletic events
- Arts enrichment
- Scientist in the School
- The Director’s Cut
- Special events, like Multicultural Night and Carnaval
Thank you for your continued support. All that the School Council provides for our children would not be possible without your support and commitment to our community events.
Please contact the Davisville School Council if you have any fundraising ideas or are interested in volunteering on the Fundraising Committee.