Author Archives: anita_ht
Here are some resources to help you through these times:
- Mindfulness Monday Meditations, which are now posted on our Davisville School website (see the top right corner of the page).
- Links to activities that the Ministry of Education and TDSB have provided to keep students engaged with the curriculum. Visit the Student Learning Resources page on the TDSB website for current student learning resources that can be accessed at home.
- Lancement du Concours Virtuel – Ensemble à distance: Thousands of Ontario students in French as a Second Language usually participate in the annual Canadian Parents for French public speaking event Concours d’Art Oratoire. It is supported by the Ministry of Education and aligns with the Ontario FSL curriculum. It normally takes place in classrooms at the TDSB and at Boards across Ontario and then at regional, provincial and national events. The amazing Canadian Parents for French staff across Canada have now moved Concours to a virtual format in only one week! Students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 across Canada are invited to record and post 1-3 minute videos online, en français, sharing how they are spending their time while schools are closed and events are cancelled. For more information, visit the Canadian Parents for French Ontario website.
We will be posting additional resources for parents on our School Council website, so stay tuned. Thank you too to parents who have forwarded resources along.
Wishing everyone well,
Davisville School Council
Join us for our next School Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 3rd, starting at 7pm. The meeting will be held at Glebe Road United Church (20 Glebe Street East).
Agenda topics for this upcoming meeting include: labour negotiation updates and challenges, a budget update, as well as some information regarding upcoming School Council events.
All Davisville parents are welcome! We look forward to seeing you there.
The Drive will ultimately benefit a TDSB school with a population in need of winter clothes, and the skates will be available to Davisville families from December 12th until our Skate Night in February.
We will also be hosting two “Sort and Swap” events:
- You can donate and sort clothes and if you find something you need you can fill a bag as a thank you for helping to swap, or
- If you want to drop by and shop, you can fill a bag for $5
- The first event will be held at Hodgson M.S. (282 Davisville Ave.) on December 5th from 6:30-9pm (the evening of our next School Council meeting)
- The second event will be held at Davisville P.S. (529 Vaughan Rd.) from 6-8:30pm
We also want to give a big shout out and thank you to our Snack Program volunteers, who ensure that our students are fed delicious and healthy snacks everyday of the school week – be sure to check out the amazing snack photos! If you are interested in volunteering for our Snack Program on any day of the week, please contact email@example.com.
For more school news, check out the recent issues of our Davisville School Council newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you at our first Davisville Parent Social this Friday, November 8th! The event will be held at 240 Manor Road E., and doors open at 8pm.
You can still purchase tickets today through School Cash Online.
Province wide-budget cuts have impacted our Davisville school budget. The funds would have gone toward school trips, transportation to sporting events and in-class programs such as Scientist in the Classroom. To help offset these cuts, the Parent Social will include a fundraising component – a fantastic Silent Auction!
If you are not able to attend the Parent Social on Friday, you can still support our school by placing an Absentee Bid on your favourite Silent Auction items! Featured items include Restaurant Gift Certificates, fabulous Educator Experiences, Gift Baskets, a brand new iPhone XS, and so much more. For more information on how to place an Absentee bid, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting our school!
Our next School Council Meeting will be held this Wednesday, November 6th, starting at 6:30pm. The meeting will be held at Hodgson Middle School, Room 101 (282 Davisville Ave.).
We are pleased to have Trustee Shelley Laskin attend this week’s School Council Meeting. This is an important School Council meeting as we will be discussing the budget for this year, along with challenges that some of us might be facing – this is your chance to ask your questions and voice any concerns. It will also be an excellent opportunity to discuss solutions and begin implementing solutions.
Childcare will once again be provided. Come on out, and join in the dialogue!
For other news, please check out the recent issues of our Davisville School Council newsletter.