Author Archives: anita_ht
We look forward to seeing you at our first Davisville Parent Social this Friday, November 8th! The event will be held at 240 Manor Road E., and doors open at 8pm.
You can still purchase tickets today through School Cash Online.
Province wide-budget cuts have impacted our Davisville school budget. The funds would have gone toward school trips, transportation to sporting events and in-class programs such as Scientist in the Classroom. To help offset these cuts, the Parent Social will include a fundraising component – a fantastic Silent Auction!
If you are not able to attend the Parent Social on Friday, you can still support our school by placing an Absentee Bid on your favourite Silent Auction items! Featured items include Restaurant Gift Certificates, fabulous Educator Experiences, Gift Baskets, a brand new iPhone XS, and so much more. For more information on how to place an Absentee bid, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting our school!
Our next School Council Meeting will be held this Wednesday, November 6th, starting at 6:30pm. The meeting will be held at Hodgson Middle School, Room 101 (282 Davisville Ave.).
We are pleased to have Trustee Shelley Laskin attend this week’s School Council Meeting. This is an important School Council meeting as we will be discussing the budget for this year, along with challenges that some of us might be facing – this is your chance to ask your questions and voice any concerns. It will also be an excellent opportunity to discuss solutions and begin implementing solutions.
Childcare will once again be provided. Come on out, and join in the dialogue!
For other news, please check out the recent issues of our Davisville School Council newsletter.
Our Davisville school library is a very popular destination for our students! Our very dedicated School Librarian and our School Council Library Coordinator are looking for some extra hands to help shelve books – we are looking to assemble a team to come in regularly, e.g., once a month, to help out. Take a look this 14 min. video to see what it takes to shelve books at the library.
The shelving of books will get done much more quickly with more hands! If you’re able to help out at the library, please contact our Library Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Attn: Library Coordinator” in the email subject heading).
Our first School Council Meeting of the year will be held tomorrow Wednesday, September 25th, starting at 7pm. The meeting will be held at Hodgson Middle School (282 Davisville Ave.).
At this meeting, we will be holding elections for the School Council Executive Committee for the 2019/20 school year. If you are interested in any of the positions, or have questions, please email email@example.com.
Childcare will be provided. Come on out, join in the dialogue, and meet other Davisville parents!
Welcome back, Davisville Dragon families, and a special warm welcome to all of our new Dragons!
Here are highlights of what’s happening at Davisville!
Once again, Davisville is pleased to be hosting our annual Terry Fox Run/Walk this coming Friday, September 20th, from 10:30-11:30am. We are very proud to be associated with the Terry Fox Foundation, and believe that our involvement will launch a successful, positive and meaningful school year.
Our Terry Fox Run/Walk will also be the first Spirit Day of the 2019/20 school year. Students are encouraged to wear their Davisville spirit wear or school colours (purple and yellow) on run day.
Other highlights include:
- Picture Day is scheduled for Monday, September 23rd. Bring your best smile! Important: Do not wear any green on Picture Day.
- First School Council Meeting of the year is scheduled for Wednesday, September 25th, starting at 7pm. The meeting will be held at Hodgson Middle School (282 Davisville Ave.). At this first School Council Meeting of the year, we will be holding elections for the School Council Executive Committee. If you are interested in any of the positions, or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Come on out, join in the dialogue, and meet other Davisville parents!
- Our Davisville Tent will be set up at the June Rowland’s Farmers Market on Tuesday, September 17th and 24th. Come visit us at the Davisville tent this Tuesday! This is a great opportunity to see new faces and reconnect with familiar ones (weather permitting).
- Pizza Lunch is now underway (the next Pizza Lunch is this Friday, September 20th)! You will need to register for Pizza Lunch through School Cash Online. If you’re interested in helping out with our Pizza Lunches, please email email@example.com and include ‘Attn: Pizza Lunch Team’ in the subject heading. Volunteers are key to ensuring that Pizza Lunch happens!
- Curriculum Night and a School BBQ is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, October 10th. Block off the date! More details to follow.