Author Archives: mkassel
School starts again tomorrow, Tuesday September 8, 2015, at 8:45am.
If your child is in kindergarten, please drop them off on the Millwood side of the school, in the following areas:
- English JK/SK – Drop Off in EAST YARD on Millwood
- French immersion SK – Drop Off in WEST YARD on Millwood
If you child is in grades 1-6, drop them off in the big yard on the Davisville Ave. side of the school.
Please note that the end of the School Day is 3:20pm.
There will be no snacks provided during the first week of school, so please pack your own NUT FREE snacks for your children.
We hope everyone had a wonderful summer, and now we our looking forward to another great year at Davisville P.S.!
Davisville PS’s last school council meeting of the year is tomorrow evening, Wednesday, June 17, 2015.
Doors open at 6:40pm, and the meeting will begin at 7:00pm. The meeting is held in the second-floor gym. Enter school through the center doors in south playground.
Come hear about recent events and fundraisers, including our hugely successful fun fair, and also a look ahead to the next school year.
As always, all parents are welcome and free childcare will be provided.
Davisville PS’s annual Fun Fair is tomorrow, Saturday, June 13th from 10:30-3:30.
The Davisville Fun Fair is always a highlight for families at our school. The Fair includes a variety of carnival games, bouncy castles and other inflatables, a silent auction, a BBQ, delicious treats, face-painting, henna, hair-decorating and much more. Come out and show your support for our school while having a great time with your family and friends!
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Cupcake decorating – Decorate a delicious cupcake to enjoy at the fair!
- Animal show – two shows will run, one at 11:30 and again at 12:30 ($6 at the door).
- Balloon burst water game – you might want to send your kids to the fair in a bathing suit or with a change of clothes, because with the perfect weather we will have tomorrow, the kids will want to get soaked!
- New this year upcycled bags arts&crafts centre – Volunteer artists (Jiyoon, Geetha, Jyothi, among others) have made beautiful up-cycled shopping bags from T-shirts, and added patches and embroidery. Your kids add their imagination and some paint and take home a lovely bag (prices $6-$10/bag.)
- Photo booth – come have a silly family photo taken, or have your photo taken with some special surprise celebrities…
- Silent Auction and Penny Raffle – Dinner at a local restaurant? A summer camp for the kids? A chance to have lunch with your favourite teacher? All of this and more can be had at our annual silent auction! There will also be a penny raffle where you can enter to win some amazing prizes! Bring your toonies and chequebooks and go home with some excellent swag!
- Also for the adults – The notary is in! Douglas is setting up shop again to notarize your travel documents or maybe you want a notarized document that affirms how awesome Dad is – a great Father’s Day gift!
Please note: If you pre-ordered tickets, they will be available tomorrow morning at the ticket pickup table starting at 10:00am. Tickets will be in an envelope marked under the child’s name, sorted by teacher.
Tickets and wristbands ($10 at the door) can also be purchased at the ticket sales/pick-up table.
See you all tomorrow for a great day!
Our second-to-last school council meeting of the year is tonight.
- Date: Wednesday, May 12th, 2015
- Time: 7-8:30pm (doors open at 6:45pm)
- Location: Davisville school gym
Child care and snacks provided during the council meeting.
This is the place to go to find out what’s happening in the school, meet other parents, ask your questions, and hear updates from school staff and the principal or vice principal.
We hope to see you tonight!