Davisville PS’s annual Fun Fair is tomorrow, Saturday, June 13th from 10:30-3:30.
The Davisville Fun Fair is always a highlight for families at our school. The Fair includes a variety of carnival games, bouncy castles and other inflatables, a silent auction, a BBQ, delicious treats, face-painting, henna, hair-decorating and much more. Come out and show your support for our school while having a great time with your family and friends!
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Cupcake decorating – Decorate a delicious cupcake to enjoy at the fair!
- Animal show – two shows will run, one at 11:30 and again at 12:30 ($6 at the door).
- Balloon burst water game – you might want to send your kids to the fair in a bathing suit or with a change of clothes, because with the perfect weather we will have tomorrow, the kids will want to get soaked!
- New this year upcycled bags arts&crafts centre – Volunteer artists (Jiyoon, Geetha, Jyothi, among others) have made beautiful up-cycled shopping bags from T-shirts, and added patches and embroidery. Your kids add their imagination and some paint and take home a lovely bag (prices $6-$10/bag.)
- Photo booth – come have a silly family photo taken, or have your photo taken with some special surprise celebrities…
- Silent Auction and Penny Raffle – Dinner at a local restaurant? A summer camp for the kids? A chance to have lunch with your favourite teacher? All of this and more can be had at our annual silent auction! There will also be a penny raffle where you can enter to win some amazing prizes! Bring your toonies and chequebooks and go home with some excellent swag!
- Also for the adults – The notary is in! Douglas is setting up shop again to notarize your travel documents or maybe you want a notarized document that affirms how awesome Dad is – a great Father’s Day gift!
Please note: If you pre-ordered tickets, they will be available tomorrow morning at the ticket pickup table starting at 10:00am. Tickets will be in an envelope marked under the child’s name, sorted by teacher.
Tickets and wristbands ($10 at the door) can also be purchased at the ticket sales/pick-up table.
See you all tomorrow for a great day!
Davisville’s Annual Fun Fair is TOMORROW from 11am-3pm. The Fun Fair is without a doubt one of the best days of the year for Davisville kids and parents alike! There is so much to look forward to, from bouncy castles, to facepainting, to delicious BBQ, to a silent auction, and so much more!
Here is everything you need to know about tomorrow’s Fun Fair:
If you pre-ordered wristbands and/or tickets, they will be available for pick-up today (Friday) after school on the playground or tomorrow morning starting at 10:30am at the fair. If you didn’t pre-order, or if you wish to purchase more tickets, you can purchase a wristband/tickets from the ticket table or roving ticket sellers at the fair. The ticket sellers will be wearing colourful Hawaiian Leis.
Wristbands ($8 pre-ordered/$10 at fair) will give your child unlimited access to all the rides and inflatables, including bouncy castles, obstacle course, slide, and the ‘big splash’!
Tickets can be used for lots of great food and activities, including:
- Barbeque, Sno-cones and Cotton Candy
- Carnival Games
- Face Painting, Hair & Henna
- Button Making
- Family Photos *new this year, families will be able to have their photos taken at the Family Photo booth! (from 11-1 only).
- Cupcake Decorating *new, kids will love decorating cupcakes or cookies with icing and their choice of candies! (1st Floor, across from the silent auction)
LIVE Animal Show! This year, there will be two shows, at 12:15 and 1:15, in the 2nd floor gym ($5 pre-ordered /$6 at fair)
Notarizing: the Notary is IN. Do you need documents notarized? Do you need a certificate attesting to your parent or child’s awesomeness? Douglas Sanderson will be ready to notarize your forms or letters between 12-2 (by the face painting tent).
Silent Auction: Don’t forget your chequebooks! We’ve got a lot of great items up for bid, including gift baskets, gift certificates galore, and the ever popular teacher experiences! Payment by cash or cheque. Check out the Silent Auction Catalogue to see some of the amazing items on offer!
Davisville Spirit Wear: Did your child want some Davisville swag, but didn’t place an order? Fear not, we’ve got you covered! Some limited extra items (baseball caps, water bottles, bracelets, t-shirts) will be available for sale from 11am-1pm at the Fun Fair.
Volunteers: If you are unsure where you need to be, there will be a copy of the volunteer schedule, as well as a map of the fair, located at the side of the ticket pick-up/sales. You can also pick up your name tag here.
We can’t wait to see you tomorrow for an excellent, sunny day of activities and FUNraising!
Our annual fun fair is fast approaching! Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 15th. We are going to have more fun activities for the kids than ever, which means we need more volunteers than ever! We need as many parents as possible to commit to taking an hour shift or more. If you can volunteer on that day, please email our volunteer co-ordinator Anne Sasu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next Fun Fair Committee meeting is on Monday, April 29th at 6:45 p.m. in the staff room, first floor. There’s still lots of planning to do, and we need your help! We are currently seeking someone to provide volunteer babysitting for this meeting. If you have an older child (grade 7 & up) who is interested in volunteering for this and/or other meetings, or you yourself could spare an hour or so, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the fun fair, please feel free to email our fun fair committee chair Sherry Giles at email@example.com
The Davisville Public School/MTSD Fun Fair is only 3 days away… which means it’s time to start thinking about our silent auction! Over 75 incredible items, including children’s toys, restaurant gift certificates, Toronto FC tickets, kids bikes, and of course the always popular teacher experiences. Check out the Silent Auction Catalogue to see some of the amazing items on offer (plus there are even more items not featured in the catalogue!).
So while the kids are slurping down sno-cones and bouncing around in the bouncy castles on Saturday, come and enjoy a cup of coffee and browse the dozens of fabulous items available!
If you would like to pre-bid, contact Jacinta directly using the form below:
(Please note, we are also holding a rummage sale at the Fun Fair, but are no longer accepting any donations. Thank you for your generosity.)
The Fun Fair is only a few days away! Come out for some fun, food, shopping, and entertainment this Saturday, rain or shine! (But let’s hope for shine!!)
If there are any outstanding order forms, please get them in ASAP!
We still have a few volunteer spots to fill, so if you can spare an hour or two on Saturday, please email Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can help with set-up, we begin at 9 a.m. at the school.
Don’t forget to bring your wallets and/or chequebooks and bid on some of the fantastic items we have available at the silent auction. Watch out for our catalogue coming soon.
Also, shop for beach towels in support of the school! Located next to the dunk tank from 1pm onwards. If you buy 1, it’s $10. If you buy 2, they are $9 each. If you buy 3 or more, they are $8 each. Cash only.